Registrations Open NOW for 2024 - check it out
Registration for the 2024 season is open now
All players are encouraged to register for the season as soon as possible here.
Registration for boys and girls, men and women at all ages and grades, from first kicks (4-6 year olds), through fun football (7-8) juniors (9-12) youth (13-19) and senior competitive and senior social football (20 to a lot) are now open online.
Reminders about registration
For kids, a reminder that the correct age/grade is the birthday they will have this calendar year - for example if your daughter is turning 7 on March 25th, she is 7th grade, and if your son turns 12 on Sept 4th, he is 12th grade. It is not necessarily the same as their school year, or as grading in other sports.
If you were part of the club last year, when logging in please use your 2023 username and password - the system will remember you. Your details and (if you are a parent, guardian or carer) those of the previous players you may have registered under your profile will populate automatically, and you just need to check and update any fields where details may changed.
The club will do its best, as always, to respect requests for allocation into previous teams, or playing with team mates - but this can't be guaranteed. Please ensure you enter these requests in the registration form. If you have any queries, contact the club to check after you have completed your registration.
Please look at our Juniors Football page regarding a new tier system (development vs social) for 9th - 13th Grade aged players
Fees for the 2024 have been confirmed as follows:
Fees include federation / comet registration, club registration and all other costs assocaited with club operations
- First Kicks - $60 (per term)
- NZ Football Fantails - $40 (per term, subsidised through FIFA Women's Legacy Fund)
- 7th - 13th Grade - $115
- 16-19year olds - $215
- Seniors 20+ - $295
Dates for the 2024 season
NZ Football have aligned the season with terms 2 and 3 of the school year - this means for most leagues and competitions we kick off at the start of May, and run to middle of September. Pre-season training and some tournaments and competitions may fall outside of these dates, but for the majority of our players including fun football (7-8) juniors (9-12) these are the key dates to remember. Generally we do not play in the middle weekend of school holidays, but do in the first and final weekends.
We will be running First Kicks (4-6) during terms 1, 2 and 4 as well as the NZ Football backed Fantails (5-12 girls only) during terms 1 and 4 of 2024
As was the case in 2023, payment of fees for the 2024 season is required in advance, at the time of registration.
Highlights of our payment policy are below:
- All fees to be paid in advance on registration (or, a request for a payment plan or hardship funding to be agreed with the club)
- No pay, no play - Players must be registered and fees paid to represent the club, at any level. This policy applies to registration fees - refer to our fees policy here Also see below regarding payment options.
Te Awamutu AFC is a not for profit Incorporated Society. It is not a Commercial Trader as per the Consumers Guarantee Act 1993. The registration fee is a membership fee to join and participate at the Club.
Members wanting a refund of their membership fee for any reasons prior to the start of the season may apply in writing to the Club Administrator outlining the reasons and circumstances for the fee refunds. Members wanting a refund after the commencement of the season may also apply in writing to the Club Administrator. The matter of this refund is at the discretion of the Club Executive Committee.
The refund will incur a $10 deduction for administration costs, plus any non-refundable fees incurred by the Club. No refunds will occur after May 31st.
Payment of all fees is required in full at the time of registration. We ask all members to register and pay upfront where possible.
We accept this may be a challenge for some members and Te Awamutu AFC are committed to ensuring our club and football is an inclusive sport and that no player is prevented from taking part for financial reasons. Therefore in special circumstances we offer two alternative options, by arrangement with the club;
- Payment arrangements - in special circumstances only, we can arrange payment of fees in installments where full payment upfront is not viable. Please contact email@example.com to discuss this option before registering
- Hardship fund - a fund where prospective players can apply for financial support to assist with the payment of membership so that the player(s) can continue to enjoy playing football. This is open to all players, ages and grades. Eligibility for the hardship fund is by application, and acceptance is at the discretion of the Club Executive Committee. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this option before registering